The following will provide a short introduction to some of the new functionalities in Resource Central.
More information can be found in the different user guides for Resource Central.
New Outlook Add-in
The new Outlook Add-in is a supplement to the existing ResourceFinder and works in Outlook 2016 for PC and Mac.
The Outlook Add-in has a completely new look and feel.
• If you change the date or time in the appointment, the availability of resources and attendees is automatically updated in the add-in.
• Colour coding displaying the availability of the resources and attendees.
• Icons showing the categories applied to each resource.
• Capacity filter can be set to automatically filter out resources that are too small to fit the number of invited attendees.
• If you add or remove attendees in the appointment, the filter is automatically updated in the add-in.
• You can of course still filter on locations, categories and favorites and you can still set your default location.
By clicking on the calendar icon, you can see the availability of the resource or attendees, in case you want to move your booking to another date or time.
My Meetings is also available in the new Outlook Add-in. There are no changes to the functionality in My Meetings.
The Outlook Add-in does not need to be deployed to all clients. It is published on the webserver and is automatically available and updated. You can find more information about this topic in this document from Microsoft.
Due to technical limitations in the way Office Add-ins are working, there will be a few limitations in the Outlook Add-in compared to the ResourceFinder Com add-in.
The order form will not be available. This means that you will have to make 2-step ordering, using the link in the confirmation email or order through My Meetings.
It is not possible to book a resource for a recurring meeting through the Office Outlook Add-in.
As soon as Microsoft changes the framework, we will of course add these functionalities. Follow up on the features on the RC roadmap.