When installing Exchange Central (EC) without installed/enabled relevant Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable (MS Access Engine), there might be error such as the calendar list on the left side of the screen is not displayed.
Step 1: Check if MS Access Engine is installed in your machine
Go to Control Panel\Programs and Features.
- MS Access Engine is already installed: Open EC to see if it works properly.
- If it does, then installed MS Access Engine edition (32 or 64 bit) is compatible
- If it does not, you have to install the MS Access Engine edition in correspondence with EC edition (32 or 64 bit) → Go to Step 2.
- MS Access Engine is not installed → Go to Step 2.
Step 2: Install the compatible MS Access Engine
Check your EC edition (32 or 64 bit), and select the compatible edition of MS Access Engine to install:
- MS Access Engine 32 bit: https://download.microsoft.com/download/2/4/3/24375141-E08D-4803-AB0E-10F2E3A07AAA/AccessDatabaseEngine.exe
- MS Access Engine 64 bit: https://download.microsoft.com/download/2/4/3/24375141-E08D-4803-AB0E-10F2E3A07AAA/AccessDatabaseEngine_X64.exe
Applies to: EC 5.0
Reference: TFS #132030
Knowledge base ID: 0219
Last updated: May 25, 2017