Link to the backend web-site is stored two places:
- Client side: (URL1) Stored in the settings file on client side. It is used to call web services and Resource Finder / My Meetings
- Server side: (URL2) Stored in the DBVersion table in the SQL database. It is used to get resource files (images, java scripts, etc. ) and call web services
URL1 has to be identical to URL2. If that is not the case, then the following symptoms are observed.
Session time out when user clicks [Send Order] in RF --> Order Form
Java script error when user opens RF --> Order Form
Cannot open ResourceFinder (RF)/My Meetings (MM)
With the above two URLs, we have the following cases:
- URL1 is correct, URL2 is incorrect: RF/MM will be opened successfully but the content and functions are not correct (e.g. Java script error in RF, error when clicking [Send Order], etc.)
- URL1 is incorrect, URL2 is correct: Cannot open RF/MM.
- Both of them are incorrect: Cannot open RF/MM
Make sure that backend URL in settings file matches with backend URL in DBVersion table.
Applies to: RC 3.8
Reference: TFS #12768
Knowledge base ID: 0147
Last updated: Feb 23, 2016